There are 50,000+ custom levels available for Beat Saber. This article will help you find what you want and then get playing—whether or not you have a BeastSaber account!
When in doubt, the latest and greatest information can be found on the Beat Saber Modding Group Wiki.
Finding Custom Songs on BeastSaber
There are so many new maps released every day… how do you know which to download? There are a few things to look for before you go wading through search results:
- Curated Maps
These maps have been reviewed by one of our curators and deemed to have met a minimum quality standard. You may even see a “curated review” on the map listing with some more detail. Look for the check mark ✔ in the top row of the song listing.
- Map Rating
Users with the SteamVR version of the game (sorry Oculus users!) can upvote or downvote maps after playing them by using the BeatSaver Voting mod from ModAssistant. Proceed with caution on maps with poor ratings but keep in mind that users may have many reasons for downvoting, a map… not all of them valid! When in doubt, use the Preview/Play button to take a look at the actual map before you download.
- Map Reviews
Not all maps have reviews, but if they do, you’ll see a number from 0.0 to 5.0 in a circle. Yellow circles are user reviews and red circles are curator reviews. Map reviews allow players to share a little more color commentary on why you liked (or didn’t like) a map than a simple upvote or downvote (and mappers love them!).
- Follow the Mapper
Once you’ve found some maps you really enjoy, look at who mapped them, then click on their name to go to their profile page and check out their “Maps” tab to find ALL of their maps in one place.
BeastSaber Search Options
Some of the benefits of looking for songs on BeastSaber instead of in-game is a clearer look at curation, ratings, genres, difficulties, and more. There are several built-in search queries OR you can set your own filters!
Dynamic search feeds include:
- Curator Recommended – All curated maps
- Most Liked This Week – Maps with the most upvotes in a given week
- Top Rated PP Ranked – A feed of ranked maps with award performance points toward ScoreSaber leaderboards
- Community Reviews – Maps with user reviews added
- Community Reviews by Difficulty – Same as above but easier to hit your skill level
- Sort by In-Game Upvotes – Most liked maps, keep in mind old maps from 2018 may have thousands of likes but sometimes have questionable mapping
- Browse Songs by Genre – Looking for the perfect map in a genre you love?
- Browse Songs by Difficulty – The best way to find maps at your skill level when just starting out
You can also just use the site search in the top menu to find songs, artists, mappers, tutorials, community profiles, and more!
Can’t Find What You Want? Start Mapping!
Sometimes you’re looking for a specific song, artist, or genre and getting no results, or you get results but the maps are outside of your skill level. Take matters into your own hands and learn to map! Most mappers in the community got started for this very reason and there are a wealth of resources available to get you started.
Did you know that you can still access and download all of the Beat Saber custom songs here on BeastSaber without a user account? Full accounts are great for setting up a social profile, engaging with other users, or or linking to your own levels if you’re a mapper but it’s not required to get up and running!
For PC VR Users:
If Using ModAssistant (Easiest!)
- In ModAssistant, go to OPTIONS and click Enable OneClick Install
- Select at least BeatSaver (though you may want the other options as well) and close ModAssistant
- On BeastSaber, find a song you want to download and click OneClick Install. You may see a confirmation box that your PC is trying to open ModAssistant
- The map will be downloaded, unzipped, and added to your CustomLevels folder
If Using the Game Unmodded
- On BeastSaber, find a song you want to download and click Download Zip and a zip file of the song you want will be saved to your computer
- Extract the zip file as a folder and rename it to the song name.
- You can either extract in place and then cut/paste the folder into your CustomLevels folder
- Or you can select the path directly to your Custom Levels folder and extract directly there.
Oculus User folder paths tend to be:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hyperbolic-magnetism-beat-saber\Beat Saber_Data\CustomLevels
Steam User folder paths tend to be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Beat Saber\Beat Saber_Data\CustomLevels
For Quest VR Users:
Check out this article on the Beat Saber Modding Group wiki for the latest on how to grab songs:
Downloading Custom Levels with a BeastSaber Account
If you have a user account you can continue to use any of the methods above AND you’ll have access to BeatSync to synchronize up to 200 of your BeastSaber bookmarks.
For PC VR Users:
For Quest VR Users:
The BSMG Wiki is licensed under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/