How To Install Custom Songs
SideQuest & BMBF
One of the easiest way to get going is to download SideQuest here
SideQuest is extremely easy to use and supports Windows, Mac and Linux! Think of SideQuest as the “Alternative App Store.” It also makes sideloading apps from APK’s very easy to install.
Once you have SideQuest installed, you’ll need to install BMBF.
- Make sure to run Beat Saber 1.5.0 UNMODDED FIRST.
- Then install BMBF.
- After that, you have to grant Beat Saber storage permissions manually:
- Go to Library
- Find Beat Saber, but don’t open it
- Click the 3 dots on the bottom right of the icon
- Find Permissions
- Enable the Storage Permission in this menu If you get the permissions prompt while trying to open BMBF, you’ll have to restart your Quest.
To install, simply drag it into Sidequest, then launch it from within the TV app on your Quest. BMBF will prompt you through a couple steps and get you all setup to get started!
If you want more guidance, watch one of the fantastic tutorials here:
For a fantastic written guide, visit our friends at 6DOFReviews.com!
There’s a lot of mods to do really fantastic things that you can find in the #quest-mods section of our BSMG Discord. One of the most useful ones is the “mapping extension” mod by Kyle. Many songs were mapped with this in mind and won’t work unless you install it.
Mapping Extension Mod
Download the Mapping Extension mod here
Read the Readme here
Simply drag that into BMBF and enable it in the mods section.
QParticles is now out for 1.5.0!
What does QParticles do?
It disables the particles that’s emitted from the notes whenever you cut them. It also disables the fake glow on walls which helps readability on text walls on a few maps.
What’s in the future for QParticles?
Adding settings. Change settings in-game. Better name And more features!
Advanced Config 0.0.1
What does Advanced Config do?
Via a Config File you can:
– Change your ‘Slash’ Volume
– Change your ‘Bad Cut’ Volume (Wrong Colour / Wrong Direction)
– Change the Overall Menu Volume
– Disable ‘Flying Scores’ (Score below after you cut a note)
Whats planned for Advanced Config?
– Disable the ‘Miss’ Animation
– Disable the ‘Bad Cut’ Animation
– Much More Config Options
– In Game UI
Requires BMBF on Game Version 1.5.0, Config Path below.
(Could work on lower versions, not tested it myself)
With this mod you can use your Thumbsticks to scroll in the SongList!
Easily Download Songs From Bsaber using SyncSaber / BeatSync
BeatSync is the ultimate plugin for getting amazing new Beat Saber songs to play. It’s built into BMBF and allows you to:
- Magically send any song from bsaber.com to your game with a single click of a button (and from any device, whether that’s from your phone, your work computer, the library, etc.)
- Follow mappers you enjoy and automatically have it download new maps of theirs when they release them
- Keep your songs up to date! If a mapper updates one of your maps, SyncSaber fetches the update and lets you play with the latest and greatest.
- Create playlists from your bsaber favorites to share with others.