How To Install Custom Songs
SideQuest & BMBF
One of the easiest way to get going is to download SideQuest here
SideQuest is extremely easy to use and supports Windows, Mac and Linux! Think of SideQuest as the “Alternative App Store.” It also makes sideloading apps from APK’s very easy to install.
Once you have SideQuest installed, you’ll need to install BMBF.
- Make sure to run Beat Saber UNMODDED FIRST.
- Then install BMBF. Do this by dragging and dropping the BMBF APK file on the top left corner of Sidequest.
To install, simply drag it into Sidequest, then launch it from within unknown sources on your Quest. BMBF will prompt you through a couple steps and get you all setup to get started!
If you want more guidance, watch one of the fantastic tutorials here:
For a fantastic written guide, visit our friends at 6DOFReviews.com!
Managing BMBF on your PC (optional)
To view BMBF on your PC or Mac and manage your songs and mods there, type in your Quest’s IP address along with :50000 at the end. Example:
To find your Quest’s IP, you can look at the top of Sidequest.
To install mods, either download it on your PC and drag it into BMBF (See “Managing BMBF On Your PC” above) or click on the mod download links on QuestBoard from within BMBF, then toggle it on in the BMBF mod section.
Easily Download Songs From Bsaber using SyncSaber / BeatSync
BeatSync is the ultimate plugin for getting amazing new Beat Saber songs to play. It’s built into BMBF and allows you to:
- Magically send any song from bsaber.com to your game with a single click of a button (and from any device, whether that’s from your phone, your work computer, the library, etc.)
- Follow mappers you enjoy and automatically have it download new maps of theirs when they release them
- Keep your songs up to date! If a mapper updates one of your maps, SyncSaber fetches the update and lets you play with the latest and greatest.
Create playlists from your bsaber favorites to share with others.