Home Forums Support Centralized List – Songs that Don't Start on Oculus Quest

2 voices
8 replies
  • Author
    Cybercrombie
    Participant

I see a splattering of people having trouble with songs and have the same theme:

• Oculus Quest-specific
    • Already tried reloading everything fresh, or started with fresh installs
    • Song previews fine
    • Preview music plays
    • Upon launch the song the environment loads
    • Nothing ever happens

So what can we do?

In this thread, I’d like to begin by having others with the same issue test the same songs to find out if it’s random, or if there is something specific in the songs that contributes to the error (Certain environments, certain mapping extensions, etc). **Please list your songs with a link to the file** so that others can download and test them

To begin with, below is the list of songs I am having trouble with.

Songs

elliotttate
    Keymaster

Do you have the latest mapping extensions mod? I can try a few of these to test in a bit…

Cybercrombie
    Participant

Right now hard to tell. I know BMBF has been offline since Reddit decided they didn’t like something. What is the latest version? (I’m usually sideloading from a Mac)

…Or is there another mod we should also be using on top of BMBF?

elliotttate
    Keymaster

Yeah, download version 1.4.3 from the Github repo on this page: https://bsaber.com/oculus-quest-custom-songs/

Then install the “Mapping Extensions” mod on that same page. Let me know if you have any issues!

elliotttate
    Keymaster

@cybercrombie I just tried the songs you mentioned. It’s because of the Mapping Extensions missing. Install it from https://bsaber.com/oculus-quest-custom-songs/ and you’ll be good to go!

Cybercrombie
    Participant

(Sorry, meant ‘github’, not ‘Reddit’, lol)

That’s great! Thank you for testing! Couldn’t figure out which one was the mapping extension from the 1.4.3 release page, but saw where it was listed in the guide. This is the link for future reference for everyone: MAPPING EXTENSION 0.14.0

Cheers!

Cybercrombie
    Participant

Also, can’t tell if the link in the guide is an older version, but I believe this is the Github repository, which lists v1.3.0?

Kylemc1413 Mapping Extension on Github

elliotttate
    Keymaster

No problem! Yeah, that’s an older version on Github. Not sure why he hasn’t added his latest version there yet.

Cybercrombie
    Participant

It seems the Mapping Extension 0.14.0 is not compatible with Beat Saber 1.4.3 (it only works up to 1.4.2). I don’t know if that is the issue with the listed songs or not, as they are still behaving exactly the same. So this is still an open issue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.