Home Forums Support BeatDrop stuck on "Scanning for songs…"

16 voices
20 replies
  • Author
    seanAnon
    Participant

On a fresh install (or reinstall, as the case may be), as soon as it launches, BeatDrop displays the “Scannning for songs…” message box and sits on it. What do? Did I miss something in the folder structure or something?

CuratorRecommended
    Participant

Hmm, is this happening with Beat Drop 2 or the original one?

seanAnon
    Participant

BeatDrop 2

Mark_zero_Caster
    Participant

Same, I can’t get it do do anything. Tried deleting the program and removing any traces, but as soon as it loads up it’s stuck on “searching for songs”

realchickenblue
    Participant

Have the same problem. Where is the config file where e.g. the game path is entered?
    Believe if you reset the settings it could work again.

realchickenblue
    Participant

You have to delete the content under “AppData\Roaming\beatdrop” and Beatdrop will be reset 🙂

Edit:
    beatdrop is reset, but then stuck again at scanning songs.

seanAnon
    Participant

Can confirm. Thank you very much for the help.
    -Edit- Should have read your edit before replying: clearing AppData worked for me.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  seanAnon.
    Joel
    Participant

What fixed it for me was setting it to “Oculus” install. Even though I had installed it through steam.

HaloMeet
    Participant

I have the same problem, i have reinstalled it several time by deleting all data in Roaming as well as using the uninstall button

ThePro
    Participant

Same problem here. Does this app work for anyone?

Even with an empty CustomSongs folder it just hangs there. Is there anything else you have to install before installing this?

I have the Oculus version. Its installed on drive G.

This is what I choose for Beat Saber Install Directory
    “G:\Oculus Apps\Software\hyperbolic-magnetism-beat-saber\”

freshnebula098
    Participant

i seem to have found a fix for me
    i first did the same as realchickenblue did but then deleted the file that beat drop 2 was saved to when i first installed . after that i just reinstalled beat drop and it worked. hope this helps

freshnebula098
    Participant

when i said delete the file where beat drop is saved in i meant go into it and run the uninstall program

daveplayboy
    Participant

Has anyone found any other fixes for this? I’ve done what everyone else has said (deleted AppData, uninstalled, reinstalled). I also tried reinstalling BeatSaber itself. I still can’t get past “scanning for songs” when the app launches.

Mitchel
    Participant

I had the same problem, but it is fixed now. I uninstalled beatsaber, removed all remaining files in the folder (these were created by modsaber). then I reinstalled Beatdrop and beat saber. Deleted the files in appdata roaming and it worked.

Invertex
    Participant

The issue is that some old custom songs have improper info.json files that are missing their hash value, and BeatDrop’s scanner stalls on these files. What I did was move all my songs out, and then add them back to the folder in halves, doing a BeatDrop scan each time until a stall happened, move those files I just moved in back out and doing halves again from those, narrowing it down until I found the culprit songs.

The BeatDrop devs definitely need to add a check for missing hash.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  Invertex.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.